Thursday, June 12, 2008

Sex and the City

It's almost cliche how much that fabulous show and now movie have become an icon to represent young women's dating lives. It's a guilty pleasure of mine, but I'm not so sure why I feel guilty.

A poignant quote from tonight's rerun on the CW:
"Saying I love you is easy. What comes next is a little scrunchier."

My immediate thoughts afterwards:
  • ew! Scrunchies!
  • Aw, so true.
  • Man, I love my boyfriend.
  • I can't believe that I have a boyfriend.
  • I want to see that movie again.
  • I want to blog more about SATC.
  • I miss New York.
  • ew! Scrunchies!

3 comments:

Erica Lynn said...

haha yesssss. We can be like them...with OUR blog ;)

Erica Lynn said...

ps i love how you have so many thoughts and emotions streaming through your soul in a single moment

WPZ - Sandy said...

When I hear scrunchies, I don't so much think of floofy elasticated hair bands but think of it more as a sort of onomatopoeia (not really even the right word for it) of squishing and thus along the lines of cuddling. Maybe I'm just weird like that, but it seems like a good thing.

When I first said I love you to my now boyfriend, his response was, "I think you're really really really really really really really really really really... great." Which in his then-yet-to-be-developed emotional capacity as a British scientist meant "I love you too." Good thing I have a resilient heart and a sense of humour!